Welcome to the MCHS Education Foundation!
Check out some of our Highlights from the past few years!!
Hall of Distinction – our next induction event for the following individuals will be on Saturday, February 2nd, 2019: Graduates — Sue Morse (1955), Richard (Dick) G. Steele (1953), Tara Stiles (1996) Honorary: Dr. Hugo Avalos, Joe Schmitz
– Band practice mats and stands
– Reader’s Theater Program
– Math Department’s data collection & modeling for a hands on approach to graph analysis
– Library / Media Center updates
– Received donations “In Memory of…” to help fund future grants, scholarships and other learning opportunities for students
– Partnered with Mayor Kopczick for a fundraiser at Hook’s Hideaway raising over $550.00 for the foundation
Hall of Distinction – our second induction ceremony for the following individuals: Graduates — The Honorable James F. Holderman (1964), Arthur Hornsby (1956), Colonel James E. Hougas, Jr. (1975), Dr. James Leonard (1973), Kenneth Sereno (1944) Honorary: Joan Sereno (also given honorary diploma as she never received one after having to assist in the war effort).
– GAVC Culinary Arts fees for specialized classes
– Spectrophotometer for Science Department
– Field trip to promote literacy for freshman students at Anderson Bookstore
Board of Directors started and is comprised of various community leaders to help promote and build a strong Education Foundation from the ground up.
Hall of Distinction was established and held Inaugural Ceremony to honor the Charter Class: Graduates — Ed Brady (1980), Dr. Mark Ciota (1982), Dan Darlington (1968), Dr. John Roth, Jr. (1958), Jimmy Stafford (1982), Major Elizabeth Talarico (1994) Honorary: Jim & Carol Baum, Joseph Corsello, Shirley Kiss, Charles “Pete” Muffler.
We are pleased with the impact we have made on our students in such a short period of time. We feel it is equally as important to honor the accomplishments of our graduates and those that have helped shape our school and community into what it is today. We couldn’t do this without the help of our board, as well as our donors. To find out how you can get involved, or to make a donation, reach out to us at [email protected].
The MCHS Education Foundation would like to thank the 2016 Senior Class for their generous donation of $2,000. This donation will help kick start the Hall of Distinction in early 2017.
Pictured (L to R) – J.C. Lawson (Board Secretary), Scott Shannon (Board President), Megan Carey (Student Council President), Autumn See (Student Council Secretary), Nick Bonomo (Student Council Vice President)