The Mission of the Morris Community High School Education Foundation is to enhance, assist, and promote innovative and diverse learning opportunities for our students, school, and community.
Area public schools have long sought to maintain the high level of instruction and curriculum offerings they are known for while also dealing with challenging economic realities. In order to enrich and supplement the regular education programs, the MCHS Education Foundation provides a secure financial foundation today that will benefit tomorrow’s students. In addition, the MCHS Education Foundation wishes to recognize the commitment and success of past generations by strengthening our school’s awareness of the achievements of previous graduates. We have a lot to celebrate and appreciate with our MCHS alumni, and the MCHS Education Foundation provides a strong network of alumni, current students, teachers, staff, and community—all of whom will work together to make our school the best it can be.
Vision & Goals
- Establish a sustained financial base sufficient to support the mission of the MCHS Education Foundation
- Provide classroom grants to MCHS teachers who complete the application process established by the Board
- Provide scholarships for non-traditional learning opportunities
- Promote community support for the MCHS Education Foundation
- Work cooperatively with other non-profit community groups to benefit the MCHS community
- Establish a strong and connected network of MCHS Alumni who will support the Foundation’s mission.
- Honor the school’s most distinguished former students, faculty, staff, and friends with annual inductions to the MCHS Hall of Distinction
- Established in 2015, the MCHS Education Foundation began as an initiative of Superintendent Dr. Patrick Halloran, members of the D101 Board of Education, Principal Mr. Kelly Hussey and community members who recognized the benefits of a strong area high school.
- The MCHS Education Foundation is a not-for-profit organization run by a volunteer board. It accepts contributions and gifts which are then invested and grown so as to benefit the MCHS school and community.
- Board members and other volunteers lead fundraisers, regularly recognize distinguished alumni and others who have contributed to the school, and seek ways to grow the school’s Education Foundation.