The purpose of the MCHS Hall of Distinction is to honor and celebrate the outstanding accomplishments of the former students of Morris Community High School and the daughters and sons of our community.
The distinguished students/alumni named to the Hall of Distinction represent an extraordinary range of personal and professional achievements. It is our hope that such recognition will inspire current students to their own achievement, both in high school and beyond.
As a school district that continually strives to instill in its students the concepts of achievement and excellence, the Hall of Distinction inductees serve as exceptional role models. Their personal accomplishments, either to their individual fields of endeavor or to the broader community, exemplify what our students may attain through initiative and commitment.
Criteria for Nominations
Any past Morris High School student, who has made substantial contributions to the achievements of Morris Community High School, and/or reflect positively theron, is eligible for nomination. All nominees must have conducted themselves in such a manner to reflect honor upon Morris Community High School and have qualities of character and standards of conduct that are exemplary.
Additional clarification for nomination criteria is as follows:
- Honor is reserved for MCHS students of distinction. Individuals that have distinguished themselves through superb accomplishment on a local, state, or national level of prominence.
- This award recognizes accomplishments in diverse fields of endeavor.
- Past students are not eligible until more than five years has elapsed from the time they attended MCHS (living or deceased).
- Non-MCHS graduates may be afforded “honorary” status in the MCHS Hall of Distinction.
We welcome community members’ nominations. Nominations can be submitted either of the following ways:
- In writing and mailed to MCHS Education Foundation, PO Box 368, Morris, IL 60450
- Use the form below to send your nomination to us online
All nominations must be submitted by September 1st, 2018. The MCHS Education Foundation board members will serve as the selection group. Nominees stay on the nomination list for consideration for a three-year period.